Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

STUFF, CLUTTER, CHAOS

When I list a home, one of the first questions said home seller asks is "What. do. we. need. to. do. to get. ready. to. put. this. house. on. the. market?" My answer is always get rid of your stuff, especially your personal stuff. I know that it is always hard to get organized and get rid of all the sentimental STUFF... but  it will benefit you in the end. You are trying to make the buyer  visualize themselves living there, not visiting you! Make sense? So what is STUFF you ask? Wait, wait for it... I am about to show you...

Yes, this is an actual home I had the pleasure of showing a buyer.


 (Do you ever think that is what the inside of our heads look like some days?)
Well if you are more of a wordy person I am going to give you the definition according to Webster,I am generous like that. I added my own commentary because believe it or not, I am having issues with my own stuff right now.

 STUFF according to Webster

1
: materials, supplies, or equipment used in various activities: asa obsolete : military baggageb : personal property
2
: material to be manufactured, wrought, or used in construction
3
: a finished textile suitable for clothing; especially : wool or worsted material ( I have A LOT of this)
4
a : literary or artistic production (Need more of this)b : writing, discourse, talk, or ideas of little value : trash
5
a : an unspecified material substance or aggregate of matter<volcanic rock is curious stuff>
Curious Stuff I See
b : something (as a drug or food) consumed or introduced into the body by humans ( Doing a little to much of this lately)c : a matter to be considered <the truth was heady stuff><long-term policy stuff> (this seems to be the REAL issue lately)
d : a group or scattering of miscellaneous objects or articles<pick that stuff up off the floor>also : nonphysical unspecified material <conservation and … all kinds of goodstuff — Eric Korn>
6
This is My Good Stuff
a : fundamental material : substance <the stuff of greatness>b : subject matter 
7
: special knowledge or capability (Did I mention I am an Associate Broker? It gives me special capabilities and special knowledge that not an ordinary Realtor has... just sayin'.
8
a : spin imparted to a thrown or hit ball to make it curve or change courseb : the movement of a baseball pitch out of its apparent line of flight : the liveliness of a pitch <greatest pitcher of my time … had tremendous stuff — Ted Williams>
9
: Dunk Shot
— stuff·less adjective ( Not really possible) 

Do you get it? Get rid of your stuff. Not just shove and hide, get rid of it! Store it in a storage unit, throw it away, DONATE it. Believe it or not we Americans have more stuff then we know what to do with. There are people out there that need our stuff, better yet they need our money that WE use to buy more useless stuff. Wow, that was a tangent. (Are you starting to see the STUFF I am trying to deal with?). Anyway I have some really great places you can donate your hard earned money to help those less fortunate... Try these blogs if you are interested Wannabe HumanitarianThe Life and Times of the Mangine Many, or you could try VWM. I have lots of others if you are wondering.

Well,wait you say... its not that easy. I know, I know.The stuff has memories, good and bad. You can't just walk away from it. Something about it brings you pleasure... or pain. You can do it, and you will be better for it.How do I know? I am dealing with my own stuff right now. I have too much stuff. So much stuff that I feel like I can't breathe. This week has been devoted to getting rid of stuff. Physical stuff,material stuff, heart stuff. I will keep you posted on how it goes.I know its not easy, I just keep HOPE knowing that in the end it will be better for me. Knowing that you and all those I come in contact with will want to stay a while, make some memories... not just visit. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1