Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

Don't hit back...

Sometimes when I am struggling the best thing for me to do is write. This is usually a quick jot in my journals. This morning I have been writing. Here are somethings that I am chewing on and I thought "maybe they could help someone out there too"
 
Relationship is hard work. People will hurt you, it's inevitable. The choice is who you give the key to your heart.

Relationship is supposed to give you a connection that makes you a better person.

You can LOVE without trusting. Work just as hard on yourself as you expect the other person to be working. Trust is a two way street.

How do you know if a past hurtful relationship is worth working on 1) is there confession 2) Is there ownership of the hurt that has been caused 3) Is there remorse. Not a guilty conscious but real remorse. 4) Is there change? OR does the same problem keep happening over and over again?

Does that other person surround themselves with other healthy people? Who are their other friends?

There is no rush back into a relationship that has been hurtful in the past.

As far as it lies with me I will conduct my life and relationships under God's rules for health and success in life.


If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” Romans 12:18

Reference: Beyond Boundaries By Dr. John Townsend

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1