Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Give Me the Real Life

The sun has risen and I am out of bed. I forget how much I relish in the time I have before everyone else gets up. I’ve made it a priority this week. 

My list of to do’s have grown over the last 5 days. I have put off the hard stuff.  If I don’t get to it soon I will be scrambling to meet the deadlines. This causes chaos throughout the house. I know this and so the list grows in my head and it makes it hard to concentrate.

The “real life” is what is on my mind. I have taxes to be finished. A house to be dusted. A speech to be finished and cars to be cleaned. Doctor’s appointments to be made and errands to be ran. I have a home that needs negotiation and a home that needs to be listed. I have a marketing campaign two pages long that needs to be implemented and CE credits that need to be logged. I have a binder that needs organizing and a fire marshal that needs to be called. I have a new vocabulary to learn such as“Business enterprise value”,  “Leased leasehold position” and “going concern value”

 All of this should have already been done… 

 I put them off because I am craving the Real Life. The one given to me through Jesus Christ. All the good works, positive affirmations, self-help books, vacations and education {as great as these things are} cannot satiate my hunger.

I crave a change in my life. That’s where I see God’s power.


God, the One who does not delay. The one who made today and tells me to delight in it.  You have been so good to me, relationships healed and renewed. There are young women being educated. Studies completed.  Grace abounding in my life. Yet, I crave more.  Flip on the light dear Lord. Show me my sin. Change me and glorify yourself. I will speak of your wonders. Let me speak. Nourish my bones that your love may flow through me. Make me yours. I long for the Promised Land. Lord, I don’t want to delay any longer. I want to possess your promises and keep your commands. I long to shake off what holds me back. Give me the real life, the one you offer.
 In Jesus Name.


Have you ever wondered what the real life is? Just what are God’s promises and what has he done for me lately?

Check out what the Bible has to say: John 1:12-13, John 10:28, 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, 1 John 5:14-15, Colossians 1:21-22, Psalm 55:22 


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1