Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Moths, Rust and THIEVES

God is really teaching me to hold the things of this world lightly. Events of this year can't help but remind me in large ways that, STUFF is just stuff.

Today on our way to an open house, we stopped by one of our storage units. I know, sick that we had two. The one we were headed to kept our "garage" stuff. Replaceable things like my real estate signs and posts, professional paint spray guns, shovels, hoses, ladders, lawn mower, weed eaters etc. Then there were things that are not replaceable. Jeff's antique skill saw given to him by his Grandfather. Antique anvil. Antique vice. Things of that nature. Sure maybe we shouldn't have had them in a storage unit. However, we were holding them until we had a place of our own again. 

17 years of accumulation. GONE!!

Maybe that's just it. We were holding them.Things I have put value in are gone or ruined. 

This year alone, someone hit my Trooper and dinged it up terribly. Someone keyed the truck. Our finances have been a complete roller coaster. Sweaters literally have moth holes My home never stays clean. Animals have died left and right. Nothing of this world is forever. So why do I store them up?

I guess I am a tough, head strong disciple. It takes BIG things to get me to take a deep look at sin in my life. 

On my facebook page a sweet friend said " I know the kind of person you are and I know that had who ever has taken your property just asked, you would have just given it to them plus more most likely. But since they didn't ask I thank you for providing others with the things they must have needed more then you. May God bless your family with the things that you need in the future."

That's how I will look at. They must have needed it more than I. 

Thank you for all of your love and support on my FB wall. You all mean more then stuff to me.
------------------------------

Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal ~Matthew 6:19


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1