While this totally bummed me out. There were still a lot of Green Tomatoes left on the vines. So, I picked them .
Spilled some oil
And fried those babies up.
And called it dinner.
Except all the Mountain Males added some Mac N Cheese to their plates!!
2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn mesa flour (this is my secret)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium-size green tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch slices
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine egg and milk; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, corn flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl or pan.
- Dredge tomato slices in the flour mixture; dip in egg mixture, and dredge it back in the flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch in a large skillet; heat to 375°. Drop tomatoes, in batches of 3-5, into hot oil, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels or a rack. Sprinkle hot tomatoes with salt.
I wish I had a great recipe for the Remloulade. I just throw the following in a food processor and blend it up.
large scoop of Mayo
squirt of yellow mustard
squirt of ketchup
squirt of brown mustard
two cloves of garlic
a teaspoon of horseradish
a sprinkle of lemon juice
blend it up and dip away