Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

... and she is never rude {{Ouch!}}

She called again for at least the 13th time in a week. We had discussed this issue many times over. I had given my opinion, prayed with her and even suggested we meet. She agreed. When the day and time came to set to down, she cancelled. "What a day wasted", I couldn't help but think. 

This time when she called I was busy. I answered any way. She talked and she talked. I couldn't get a word in edge wise. I sat in a crowded room. I had things on my plate that needed to be done. I had conversations to enjoy. Yet, I sat there listening once again. My heart was black and as I listened I just got more frustrated. I rolled my eyes and set the phone down while she yammered away. I made ugly faces at the MountainMan and mouthed "it's her again." Friends in the room watched as I acted like a jerk. I finally hung up, rolling my eyes. Frustrated thinking she is not going to listen again and wondering when I will get the next chaotic filled call. 

Time rolled on and I couldn't get her out of my mind. I couldn't believe how I acted.  I ask God to intervene. I ask him to surprise me everyday. Then when he does, I act like that? 

That was not LOVE folks. That was ugly. 

----------------------------------

God, thank you for not putting your "phone" down when I am yammering away. When I don't let you get a word in edge wise. Thank you for not giving up on me when you give me advice and then I turn and go the opposite way. Thank you for your patience and love. Thank you Holy Spirit for convicting me when I have been rude and resentful. Please forgive me for taking beautiful love gifts and turning them into a mess. May I be aware of these interventions you make in my everyday, may I use them for your glory. In Jesus Saving Name, Amen

---------------------------------------

What about you? Have you ever asked God for gifts and when he gives, it's just not good enough? Maybe it's not the right timing or done in your way? Obviously me too! 

How quickly do you repent? OR do your repent at all? 

Looking for LOVE gifts today. All the while thanking Jesus that I can repent and be forgiven. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1