Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Agapέ

Agapέ,
which focuses on benevolent actions toward another person, rather on feelings for the person. 
Often described as an unconditional, sacrificial love which does what is in the best interest of 
another, without expecting anything in return.

This month is our 17th anniversary and I want everyone to know how blessed I am to have you in my life and how totally in love with you I really am. 

I remember the first time we met. I was lying in bed when one of my friends brought his new girlfriend over for me to meet. She brought two of her friends, you being her best. I didn’t even get out of bed to meet you guys, reason being it was way too early to be getting out of bed back then, I think it was sometime around noon. Now, how I look back and realize how rude I was. You were only 5’1” but with your hair all done up you stood almost 5’ 7” with stunning green eyes. I am so grateful that friend lied to both of us saying “I wanted to go out on a date with you and you with me”. I still can’t believe you went out with me, after I was so rude the first time we met, not to mention my ever so handsome bleached blonde straggly hair. I picked you up for that first date and when you walked out of the house I was hypnotized by your beauty. You were wearing blue jeans and a levi shirt with a black leather vest you were are so beautiful. We went out to eat at Benihanas and I had a wonderful time. Sometimes I forget how shy I was. I took you home and walked you to the door and said goodnight wanting ever so badly to kiss you goodnight. It only took me a handful of dates to finally get up the nerve to give you that kiss. The butterflies in my stomach you caused every time we were together. 

So here we are after 17 years of marriage and you still give me those butterflies. I truly think that you are the most beautiful woman in the world. I love going to bed with you and holding you tightly against my chest until you fall to sleep and when I wake up before you in the morning I get to lay there and gaze at your beauty. The way that your smile melts my core and how your laugh brightens my day. The love you have for our two boys and everything that you do for them. You have such an enormous heart; your agapέ (love) for others is unreal;

“Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant…
…bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” 
1 Corinthians 13:4, 7
“Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love…
…There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:7-8, 18-19

You are always there for anyone in need. I’m so grateful for everything you do for me.
God has blessed me with truly a magnificent God fearing woman. I have learned so much from you about love, and the love you have for God. I am so truly proud to say you are my wife, soul mate, mother of my children, best friend and lover. You are the;

Description of a Worthy Woman
“An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her, And he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil All the days of her life.
She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight.
She is like merchant ships; She brings her food from afar. 
She rises also while it is still night And gives food to her household
And portion to her maidens.
She considers a field and buys it; From her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She girds herself with strength And makes her arms strong.
She senses that her gain is good; Her lamp does not go out at night.
She stretches out her hands to the distaff; And her hands grasp the spindle.
She extends her hand to the poor, And she stretches out her hands to the needy.
She is not afraid of the snow for her household, For all her household are clothed with scarlet. 
She makes coverings for herself; Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
Her husband is known in the gates, When he sits among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them, And supplies belts to the tradesmen.
Strength and dignity are her clothing, And she smiles at the future.
She opens her mouth in wisdom, And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.She looks well to the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and bless her; Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
“Many daughters have done nobly, But you excel them all.”
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands, And let her works praise her in the gates.” Proverbs 31

I have found that excellent wife. I am so blessed to be able to wake up every morning with you by my side, to plan out our day, to be able to hang out and work together. I can’t tell you enough how fortunate I am to always have my best friend by my side. You truly complete me. I can’t wait to see what God has planned for us. My love for you will never end.

With love always,
Jeff "Mountain Man"


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1