Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday Favorites { Be YOU tee edition}

Beauty. It's really a frame of mind. It's a genuine smile. Words of wisdom from life experience. It's the silver hair, worn proudly. It's sharing your story. It's being open and honest. It's about letting it go. It's about growing.

I believe it is the sweetness in your soul that makes you beautiful.

 As I age, my skin gets wrinkly and saggy. I pray my inside is being renewed and that I am only becoming more and more beautiful.




Over the years, I have come to terms with my own kind of beauty. I will never have long legs. Yet, I have strong legs. These legs take me running, hiking, climbing, and walking. These legs have taken me on many adventures. God willing they will take me on more.

I have a bump on the bridge of my nose. I use to think it would be the first thing on my face to go. Now, I realize it is a part of my heritage. Something my Great Grandfather {full blooded Choctaw Indian} passed down.

I appreciate my olive skin, thick dark hair, green eyes and my smile. My wonky teeth, I take pride in their splits. Another family trait.

BUT, my skin... It's the real culprit. I have not been able to fall in love with idea that I have adolescent skin at 35. I found a solution. About two years ago, I ran across a blog post. I wish I could find it, so I could give credit. If you find it, let me know. Anyway, she was talking about how she had adult acne. That she had tried everything {so had I. Doctors. Prescriptions. Well known face washes}. Then she gave up dairy. Her skin cleared up!! I thought "I should give that a try". I did. It worked!! My skin totally cleared up.

I forgot about it in the midst of life's changes. I went back to milk in my morning coffee. My face was a mess. Again. Then a friend reminded me. "hey, aren't you suppose to stay off the milk?". {light bulb}  So, I am off the milk and on the soy. As well as using coconut oil as my nightly moisturizer. My skin. Amazing. Radiant, even. Now if I could get rid of these scars...

Adult acne? Give this little trick a try and let me know what happens.

On to my favorites:

My Favorite Instagrams:

Summer is getting hot. You can tell by the Mountainboys faces they are ready to have some friends up to the Mountain. 



Tim, the other white meat... :) It was so sweet to have our friends home from Ghana for a short time.                          














For your weekend reading:

This one is an oldie but goodie on being beautiful - Momastry

If you listen long enough to all the loud voices about who you should be, you grow deaf to the beauty of who you are. -Ann VosKamp

This weekend I am going to be doing:

I am going to making these to go in the camper {I am going to have it say Happy Camper} - Andrea B

I am going to be searching for two or three of these  - 
I can't find the original link




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1