Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Caramel Coconut Pie

This is my FAVORITE Coconut recipe. It is a family secret, so hush don't tell.

Actually, my mother in law made this for me when I was pregnant with the first punk. Ever since, she has made it for me on my birthday. Last weekend she FINALLY gave me the recipe. I have her permission to share.



Caramel Coconut Pie
Time: 30 Minutes + 12 hours freezing time
Yield: 16 servings, 8 slices per pie. 
Recipe adapted from the much loved Mother In Law

Pie Crust:

I use the ones in the refrigerated section in the grocery store. BUT if you are like the MIL you will make yours from scratch. Sorry,no recipe for that.
  • 2 Pie Crusts


Coconut Filling:

  • 20 oz of sweetened coconut
  • 1/4 C. chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 1 -8oz Cream Cheese
  • 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
  • 16 oz Cool Whip
  • 12 oz caramel topping (I like to use the kind in a squeeshy bottle. It's easier to poor out)


1. Bake your pie crusts, in two of your favorite pie dishes, according to directions. Let cool while you make the filling.

2. Toast your coconut. 
  • Mix coconut and nuts
  • Lay the coconut/nut mixture out on a large jelly roll pan
  • Toast in your oven at 350 for 10 minutes or until golden and little crunchy.
  • Make sure you stir it around a couple of times while toasting.
  • Once it's done pull it out and let it cool


3. Combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Beat until smooth.

4. Fold in Cool Whip carefully. You want this mixture to be fluffy.

5. Layer Cream Cheese mixture. Caramel. Then the coconut. Do this in 3 layers. Ending with coconut and caramel.


6. Place your pies in the freezer for 12 hours. You want to serve this frozen. 

 Slice it and serve it up!!





2 pies!! Yes, you may want to share. We didn't Punk 2 ate a whole pie to himself!! Don't judge. I made it up by feeding him some vegetables with his dinner.






No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1