Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas House Tour


Welcome to my home!! I can't believe it is half way through December already. The end of the year is always a crazy time for us. We have to wrap up all the year end book keeping and all of the festivities going on... I sort of lose track of time. 

So far this year I have only decorated the front door, entry and living room. I am keeping it simple this year. We are trying to remember what this holiday/ holy day is all about. 



I think my favorite spot this year is above the fireplace. I have this weird little "hole" in the wall. It is really not big enough to put a tv in. It's just a little decorative nook, but I never know what to put it in. So, for most of the year I place a large picture over it. This year I put some white lights in it and placed a vintage window over it. 



I just used some junk as fillers on the mantle. I am pleased with the over all look.




We do a family tree around these parts. When my kids were little I always wanted a "mom" tree. You know the ones that are perfectly decorated. I soon realized that I could try to decorate perfectly, but they would remove the decorations and put them where they wanted anyway. Soon we adopted the family tree. I got to put on the decorative balls and topper on the tree. The punks would place all of the whimsical ornaments. This year it was like pulling teeth for them to even do that. I have heard the old saying "time flies, they grow up so fast". BUT who knew it was so true. I have a feeling that my next few years are going to be all about the "mom" tree... sniffle. 



So, that's it for now. I am hoping to get some wrapping done and maybe a table center piece done before Christmas eve... We'll see.  

Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.







No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1