Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Basic Gift Wrapping

(Warning:There are horrible pictures of chipped finger nail polish. Don't get all judgey here people) 

There is just something special about getting a wrapped gift. It really says "Hey, I took time for you." Now don't get me wrong, I still use the little gift bags now and then. But, I usually try to wrap my gifts. This was not always so. I use to be horrible at wrapping. I never really wrapped a gift, unless it was Christmas time. I mean a load of bags under the tree just didn't seem right.

The first Christmas together as newlyweds, L.O.V.E. looked at the gifts I had just wrapped and had the nerve to ask me "hasn't anyone ever taught you how to wrap a present?" With wide eyes and dropped jaw I yelled "Well, I never..." A few hours later I asked the expert for some help. He lovingly  taught me the "right" way to wrap a gift. Now I am going to pass the tips on to you.



Step 1: Gather all of your supplies. Tape, scissors, name tags, gift wrap or paper, ribbon (I used twine this year) and any decor you would like to add or not add. Your call. 



Step 2: Put everything on a table or the floor. Somewhere you can spread out. Then roll your paper out. Like so.


Step 3: Place your gift upside down (unless of course its breakable. then you'll have to get creative.) Place it about an inch away from the edge. Then fold the paper over the gift to make sure you are going to cut enough off to cover the gift. 

See my inch or so on the right hand side. Gotta have that!!


Step 4:Now cut it. I like to use the paper with the little guides on the inside.


Step 5: Now tape your inch or so excess to the top of the gift (that would actually be the bottom remember? That way all of the tape is on the bottom and your recipient does not see it.)  Now you are concealing the side of the gift. 



Step 6: Fold the rest of the paper over the gift. NOW here is the important part. You are going to make a crease in the paper along the edge of the box. (Not making sense? Just look at the picture)


Step 7: Now fold it under and tape it. This is what gives your gift the sharp put together look. ;)


Step 8: Now for the sides. You are going to tuck the sides in. NO not the top and bottom first.... the sides. 


Step 9: Now the top and bottom. You are going to crease along the edge again. Fold it down and tape it. See the nice crisp lines. 


Step 10: Now add your ribbon (i am not sure how to tie one of those fancy ones). and any decor. I added these cute little "name" tags. I loved the simplicity of just a monogrammed letter this year. If you click on "these" you too can download and print the little tags!! I also used clothes pins instead of tape to attach them. I have punks people. They are not into the "froo floop" as they call it. 


There you have it. Repeat if necessary . And PLEASE don't wait until Christmas Eve. You'll thank yourself in the  morning.  

 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men” (Luke 2:14 KJV)










No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1