Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

REST for the worn out Control Freak

Matthew 11:28-30
New International Version (NIV)
   28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”




I would have to say that this year has worn me out. Just plain tuckered me out. OUT! I tell that drunk monkey to shut UP!! Sometimes she doesn't  listen. If I were a rag I would have holes and tears, I mean you would be able to see right through me. Then I think, maybe that was the point of this year. To make me transparent. To find my identity in Christ. Because I believe what  Jeremiah 29:11 tells me. 


Still I long for rest. I find I don't trust. Who am I kidding? Throughout my week I find myself doubting, more often then trusting. I try to control situations, people, banks, closings, attitudes, the car in front of me, the lady at the check out line,  my punks, my L.O.V.E., hearts... must I go on? I am a CONTROL FREAK.  Then low and behold HE shows up and reminds me who is in control. EVERYDAY he shows up with such grace for this .... sinner.  


Today was on of those days where he showed up in a mighty way with THIS sermon. If life feels heavy, I recommend you take a listen. If you are in the Salt Lake Valley and you are looking for an amazing church... Look No Longer. We would love to see you.







No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1