Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Different yet equal {just some thoughts}

Are Men and Women Equal? Yesterday I read and posted a great post about Feminism VS A Strong Woman in God. Next I started a new study by Kay Arthur titled A Marriage Without Regrets {it's free for right now}. This great debate of Women's Equality has got my thinking. Here are some of those thoughts. 

Men and Women are in fact created equal. Please take a look at the beginning of the Bible. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. Open your Bible to the VERY FIRST page and read vs 26-28 of this great Chapter.  VS 26 says “Let us make THEM in our image, in our likeness. And THEY will rule over the earth.” There is no mention of two MEN at this time. However, we see in vs 27 that God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male AND female {that’s the THEM} VS28 God blessed THEM and said to THEM “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. RULE over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” THEM. THEY rule over. Not just Adam!!!

God created us BOTH for the purpose of bringing honor and glory and power to Him {Revelation 4:11}. He wanted to create both of us. Man and Woman.

Although we were both created for the same purpose, we were created differently. Jeff doesn’t like to get all dressed up in a pretty dress or spend hours on make-up tutorials. I don’t lose sleep over planning bow hunts and I don’t doze off praying about digging holes J We are different. Yet, equal. Created Equal for one purpose. When we together are working towards that purpose it is a beautiful thing.

Here is the plot twist. Although created equal woman was created as a helper. {Genesis 2:20b) Doesn’t that just feel right women? Don’t you like to help? Even if you are not married or have children of your own, don’t you want to help? I know you do. It is a God given want. I posted this week about other women who needed our help and you stepped up. You gave from what you had, you helped. You crushed the evil with your helping!

Read a little further and you see that Eve was created from Adam’s rib. Think about that. EVERY creature was created from the dirt but WOMAN!! W{women} were created from man’s rib. Flesh of his flesh. Bone of his bone.

Woman created from Man. “Man gives life to the woman. Woman gives life to the world!!” To give God Glory, we give life to the world.
Man is the Glory of God. Women are the glory of man. BOTH images of God. Equal yet different. Each role carrying exclusive privileges and yet not one superior over the other. In this world we need each other. Not one independent from the other. (1 Corinthians 11:11)


Here is where the plot turns for me,1 Corinthians 11:3 Maybe you can help me hash this out. How can this be? Now I know “head” does not mean control or supremacy rather source of. SO since man was created first he derives {obtains} his existence from Christ and I derive {obtain} my existence from man? Yes, maybe in the beginning. Do I derive {obtain} my existence from man now? That just doesn’t seem right. Shouldn’t I also derive {obtain} my existence from Christ as well? What about single women? How about women going through a divorce from a man who I would not derive my existence from? What about the widow? Tell me your thoughts. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1