Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The beauty in being different

Today I posted on my FB page a blog post from someone else that I strongly agreed with. At the same time I unknowingly hurt some dear friends feelings. THAT was never my intention. We have since talked and I apologized and they all said something that meant the world to me. They said " Just because we don't fully agree with you and it hurt... we don't want you to take down the post. We don't want you to always have to agree with us. That's why we are friends, sometimes friends don't agree on everything."  {when I say "they" that means there were more than one and that the words above are a mix of what they said at different times. I guess that's not a direct quote. Should I take down the quotation marks from around the "quote"?} I digress, with drunk monkey at the wheel of my insecure grammatical part of the brain.

Anyway, with that being said, I didn't take down the post. Instead I changed my remarks from "I agree 100%" to  "I agree 59.2%" I did this because after speaking to my dear friends that I had hurt, they got me thinking. Although I still robustly agree, I don't whole heartily agree. So, I agree more then half and yet my thoughts have been challenged to the point of not agreeing ALL the way. :)

My dear's that's the beauty in it all. These friends of mine. We differ in opinions and yet we still love one another. They sharpen me and make me see things a little different.We are all part of the body. Different gifts and backgrounds. Trying to do what God put us on this earth to do. Putting one step in front of the other when it comes to the Kingdom. Some are preaching it. Some are whispering it at the kitchen table. Others giving all they have to serve the Kingdom. Some are scraping by and need you to be their helping hand.

Be the change that you want to see in the world- Ghandi

Love,


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1