Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I double Dog DARE you to be BRAVE, STRONG and COURAGEOUS in 2015

TaiPan use to be my favorite store on the planet. Nothing gave me a rush like walking through those doors. I would skim over the holiday items at the front. Pick up a few items in their dollar section and then head back to the clearance items. One day while browsing I came across a block with Joshua 1:9 painted on it. I didn’t even know what the scripture said. I just liked that it had God’s word on it and it was black. It would look great in the boy’s bathroom.

Later when I got home I looked up the scripture;

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Perfect for the boys!! Be strong and courageous my little warriors.

A few years later and a cry to God for help turned our world upside down. Life as we knew it was changing. Loss of things. Moving to the Mountain with the in laws had me terrified. I turned to God. I don’t remember what brought me to Joshua 1:6-9, all I know is that it was there, in my lap. It brought me peace and order. It gave me a command and I knew this new adventure was God’s work. I remember shaking uncontrollably. I had to share it with someone and the boys were home. I ran out to the living room stuttering and pointing and crying. I told them this move is God’s and it’s going to be hard and life changing. We are scared. God promises us he will be with us and we will be successful at this adventure. When things get rough remember it was him who brought us there. I wrote it in chalk on our chalk board and left it there for months. The words are still stained on the big board that sits in our bedroom now. Be strong and Courageous.



 Now close to 3 years later God pulls this scripture out yet again as I learn that HE IS WITH ME. He has grabbed my hand and is walking me through the healing of abandonment. He commands me again. Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD {Jehovah Shammah} Your  God .will.be. WITH - you-WHEREVER.you. go. He does not leave folks. He is the God who is there!! ALWAYS.

Last year my word was BRAVE. There were many times that I chose to be Brave. Relationships were healed. Adventures were had. A school was opened. Roots were planted. I got to watch others be brave. He didn't leave me. Not once. 2014 ends with me KNOWing Jehovah Shammah.


Here’s to you my friends and fellow soldiers. Be Brave, Strong and Courageous in 2015. Let HIM lead, he will NEVER leave you. He promises.



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1