Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Favorites {LOVE}

Love is not a feeling it is a choice.

Journal entry 2.1.14:

Love is a huge risk. You take a chance at falling into a dark abyss. You gamble your heart with vulnerability and intimacy. It's easier to build walls. To lock yourself up. Hate is easy. LOVE. Love is hard. Love by choice, Misty. Even if you are not pleased with another person. Have selfless concern. Do it today. ~Misty




Oh, Jesus. How you listen to me.  How your spirit teaches me. This week LOVE is my favorite. I have so much of this topic swimming in my head. The right words have not formed yet. So, I will leave you with a few thoughts from this week.


  • Sunday at church, a beautiful mature woman in Christ. Grabbed my arms for no reason. Looked me in the eye and said "Misty, I need to tell you. Just because you don't feel like GOD loves you. HE does. His word says it. His word is truth. He says "Misty, I love you. I love you by choice." Then she hugged and went back to getting her praise on. 
  • Monday I listened to Beth Moore. She reminds me that love is never only a feeling, or a mere disposition, but an energy that WORKS!! Yet, I don't do it on my own. I have a resource.
  • Last night as I am praying and listening in my Ladies Retreat group. She {My Marvelous Leader} says Love is not a feeling. It is a choice. We are to be obedient in the everyday. I wanted to fall on my face. Jump out of my skin. Okay GOD. I hear you. 
  • What does this look like in my life... Act out my love sincerely. LOVE with action. This week I am going to LOVE whether I feel like it or not. In a smart intelligent way.

Will you pray for me this week as I bow before my God? Get vulnerable. Confessing I believe you, God. I trust you. You equip me. I give it to you God. Use my hands, feet and voice. To LOVE. In Jesus Name, Amen.



The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through LOVE. Galatians 5:6b 

2 comments :

  1. LOVE THIS!!! I wanna hug you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lanette, I wish we lived closer. I want to set down and have coffee. You could tell me your WHOLE story. We could cry and pray and praise God for all the really cool stuff he has done and is doing and will do. I pray for you and your ministry daily. You are incredible.

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-45768586-1