Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year.... may it be different

Here it is the eve of New Years. We have another stomach bug. Which is a total bummer and completely ironic. Due to the fact I am sick of a lot of things. Mainly my attitude. We usually do a big New Years Eve dinner. Steak or seafood. Salad, potatoes, you know all the good stuff. The funny thing is, chili dogs sound really good. Chili dogs it is!!




We are carrying on our tradition of doing our goal boards. This year is a little different for me. I usually have a list of at least 100 goals. Broke down in to 5 - 6 main categories and then each step/goal written below. Then lettered and numbered by importance. Deadlines for their  accomplishment and the reward at the end.
This year I know it sounds silly. I have 2 goals. Yep, that's it. I figure I can plan my business out... God takes it where he wants it. As well as the other 99 goals I set for the year. Ultimately it is ALL in his control.

If we are getting to the heart of things, I am so tired of putting on my oldself. As I mentioned in an earlier post. I have this sin issue that I think I give to God. Then I take it back. I have realized I do this a lot. What does this rebellious "bucking" behavior say about the way I revere an incredible, loving God? It says. Hey, I don't trust you. Although you are ever faithful. You have loved me through out this whole year and my whole life. In fact you know the plans you have for me.... BUT well I think I can handle it from here.

This year I am asking God to uproot my nastiness. Show me my ugliness. Take this black heart and make it totally yours. Thanking the Holy Spirit for exposing my gross. Thanking Jesus for dying to save me from this stench. Blessed to be loved. To be refined. To be changed and made new.  This year I resolve to:

1. Live a life bigger than myself. This is going to take generosity on my part and trusting.trusting.trusting. With my time, money, talents and the scariest of all... my heart.

2. Be made new in the attitude of my mind. Taking each thought captive. Keep putting on my new self and quit listening to lies.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Gods sight.


So hears to 2013. God take me where you will. I am yours.


What are your New Years Resolutions? Any big plans tonight? What are you eating? Something better then hotdogs, I hope.





P.S. You are welcome to hold me accountable.

 Ack! Did I just say that?

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1