Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fall Zucchini Cupcakes (with Beater lick'n good frosting)

Today I am going to share with you my MOST favorite fall cupcake. I usually have zucchini coming out my ears. A girl can only have so much zucchini bread, baked zucchini, fried zucchini, zucchini in pasta, zucchini... well you get the picture. Anyway, I am a sucker for a good cupcake. This has it all. Vegetables, so its good for you. Its moist. and the frosting is worth the 5lbs I add to my thighs. Seriously, I lick the beaters when I am all done. Don't worry I don't put them back in the bowl.




Zucchini Cupcakes (with beater lick'n good) Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe adapted from tasteofhome
24 Servings(yes,you have to share)
Prep: 30 minutes. Bake: 20 min.+cooling
Ingredients
  • 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix
  • 1-1/3 cups water
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini

  • CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk (Sometimes I use 1/2 and 1/2. I know so naughty!!)

Directions

  • In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on
  • low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in
  • zucchini. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. (if it seems a little runny, its okay)




  • Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
  • the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to
  • wire racks to cool completely.


  • For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy.
  • Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and
  • enough milk (I used 1/2 & 1/2 today) to achieve a spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes.




  • Yield: 2 dozen.

Please don't ask the Nutrition Facts. I have not personally counted and truly I don't want to know. I mean that would take all of the fun out eating this delicious fall delight







1 comment :

  1. It's true. These cupcakes are the best and we the neighbors are so glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-45768586-1