Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Favorites {taking care of yourself }

Whew it's Friday... I made it!! Did you all make it? It's been a whirlwind of a week.

I got a few things done on my to do list.  Like cleaned the master bedroom and got ALL of the blankets washed. I just love fresh linens and blankets. Don't you?

I also started back on FLyLady. It's incredible how much these little practices change your
home. 

I exercised 4 out of the 5 days. I am back to running!! Then I went ahead and ate 12 of these little tasties.  If you have not eaten a buck eye... then you don't know what you are missing. Imagine taking a Reese's peanut butter cup, rolling it around in your palm, sticking it in your mouth and saying "Wow that is the best peanut butter and chocolate I have EVER tasted" Yes, that is what it  was like for me. In fact it was so delicious, I repeated 11 more times.  

The highlight of my week was when I finally downloaded What'sapp. If your bestie lives out of the country {like mine}, you want to hear their voice and instant message. Then this is the app for you. Ruthie and I talked all day long. I beamed when I heard her voice and her laugh. Clearly, like standing next to me!! No tin hat's required. Technology. It can be a beautiful thing. 

For your weekend reading/viewing/contemplating pleasure

  • My favorite blog post of the week: My friend Lanette wrote this a bit a go. It's about taking care of your self first.
  • My favorite article of the week: Because I am back to running and I love coffee and will do just about anything but give up sugar to avoid diabetes.
  • This is my newest to me favorite song: Reminds me to just HOOOOOOLLD ON.... Oh Alabama Shakes your Pandora station makes dinner making easier for this mama!
  • My latest read: You can pick it up on Amazon for $1.99 today!! Yes, I am a Feminist who loves men. Don't forget I am a mother to two boys. They need to know strong women. Brave women. Women who follow Christ to the cross. I am the first women in their lives. I have to set a good example. 
  • My favorite YouTube of the week: Oh Mercy Project... I love to watch these kiddos faces. Ever think to your self... I can't do anything to help someone else? Here is your chance. Team with Mercy Project helping free children from slavery. 
My goals for the week:
Get the lease for Kairos sent in. Even if I have to go down to the USOE's building and demand to speak to "the one". 
Post for contractors... know anyone who wants to give me a free bid for a school build out?
Run 3 times
Door knock and list a home
Word study rooted and established
Paint my nails
Register MountainBoys for classes
Go to an open caption event
Hit two big events: A) eat and support some friends in their ministry B) smile at a couple that just took their new vows til death do them part... 

This weekend I am making Coconut Cupcakes and sharing them. Soaking up some sweet warm sunshine. As well as linking up with Miss Ginger for some accountability with taking care of myself and goals. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1