Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Checklist: The only way to get over a cold

I am well organized efficient and effective. That's what I tell the drunk monkey each day when I get out of bed. It works too. Well that and checklists. That's right people I am a checklist kind of gal. I have a checklist for everything. Sticky notes are my friends and I still use the old school day planner.

The little stripey thing in the corner... my office dog. Always at my feet. 

Yes, even a checklist for weekly house cleaning
First it keeps me in check. Ha. I know where my day is going and what I have to accomplish. It also feels so great when I can check something off my list. Needless to say I am pretty organized except for the basement which we have already discussed. When things are not efficient it drives me crazy, I usually do one of two things when this happens. I either command control, do it myself (not always the best route. It tends to hurt others feelings). Or I do nothing. Maybe that is why the basement is the way it is. I have no control over other peoples garbage in my basement...

Random Lists I use on a Daily Basis







Today however has found me not so efficient. I am sick!!! This rarely happens. Last night while checking off the last thing to do for the day, I got a horrible sore throat. Out of nowhere. I thought. Must be allergies, to come on so sudden. Got a throat lozenge and finished my to do's. It got worse. I took some Nyquil and off to bed I went. I woke up in the middle of the night with a screaming, red sore throat. What is a girl to do? That's right. I started a checklist. It goes a little something like this.


  • Vitamins
  • Good Tunes
  • Water
  • 10 minute pick up of the house ( I can't rest in this mess. Anyone else like that?)
  • Coffee
  • 1 load of laundry
  • Make 5 phone calls to make sure this closing is on track
  • Email the Negotiator
  • TheraFlu
  • Report Green Tree Lending for predatory lending (yeah, I am going to do this. They are ridiculous. Stay away from them at all costs)
  • Hot  Peppermint Tea with Milk and Honey
  • Orange Juice Over Ice
  • Nap
  • Sprite
  • Fold laundry
  • Chicken Soup in a cup with Synthetic Croutons
  • Box of Tissues
  • Symphony Bar
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies (don't judge, I like junk when I am sick)
  • Wish I could find Candy Corn Hershey kisses
  • Lots of chick flicks on Netflix
  • Nap
  • Kick this by 3:00 so we can do homework and I can make it to my 6:00 appointment
  • Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese
  • Hot Bath
  • Lemon, Honey and Bourbon
  • To Bed Early
I  am telling you. I WILL make it to my 6:00 tonight. This checklist is going to work and I am going to be myself by the end of this day!


Maybe that's why I like Pinterest so much... lots of "lists"


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
UA-45768586-1